Floyd is comprised of 30+ talented, hard-working individuals who come to work each day with the mission of changing and improving the way people consume, keep, and enjoy furniture. Our products are built around the idea that well-designed furniture should be accessible, long-lasting, and ship to your door (not to mention beautiful!). We create innovative designs that challenge the common convention of furniture and the experience of buying it. We’re venture-backed and growing fast!
Where You Come In
Thoughtful products are at the heart of what we create at Floyd – we need you to be an innovative leader as part of that process. Working out of our R&D Facility in Detroit, you’ll be collaborating not only with engineers and designers, but cross-functionally with the operations, marketing, and CX teams to solve for some of the biggest challenges around furniture. With a big mission to fulfill, we move fast. If you’re psyched to roll up your sleeves and help us become the world’s most beloved furniture brand, we want to hear from you!
What You'll Do
- Execute on the Floyd product vision by breaking down desired outcomes into actionable tasks.
- Identify assumptions and mitigate risk by validating product goals.
- Optimize the path towards completing projects and successfully launching products.
- Work collaboratively with both the product design team and the larger company to identify key opportunities for creative solutions for the home.
- Assist in scoping, determining milestones, and setting schedules for product design and user research projects.
- Intake changes to project plans and priorities, and help manage downstream impacts on other project timelines and resources.
- Track progress throughout the duration of a project (from definition to launch and beyond) with mindfulness toward dependencies.
- Provide and maintain dashboards and documentation that allows for project status and resource capacity to be quickly and efficiently communicated to your manager, and broadly across the organization.
- Facilitate design sprint planning and stand-up meetings.
- Facilitate retrospectives for the product design team to build teamwork, identify pain points, and support the ongoing improvement of team processes.
This Might Describe You
- 5+ years working in a relevant field of product development and design.
- Strong experience in managing cross-functional projects and holding team members accountable for results.
- Experience with human-centered design methodologies and technical product teams.
- Experience with common project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Lean, Critical Path).
- Encompass a deep understanding of the design and manufacturing of consumer products.
- Have worked closely with manufacturers to develop products.
- Exceptional visual, communication, and presentation skills.
- Able to manage your workload and operate independently.
- Competitive pay
- Health coverage
- Equity in a high-growth, venture-backed company
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible PTO and Paid Parental Leave
- Amazing mission-driven work culture
- How many years of experience do you have managing projects to develop consumer products?
- Why do you want to work at Floyd?
- What makes you unique compared to other product managers?